Trusted Handyman can clear your clogged toilet if you need immediate help.
To clear a clogged toilet, you can first try these steps, and if they don’t work, please give us a call at (801) 602-3710:
- Turn off the water supply valve: Located behind or next to the toilet, this valve controls the water supply to the toilet. Turn it clockwise to shut off the water.
- Flush the toilet: This will help to reduce the amount of water in the toilet bowl, making it easier to work on the clog.
- Use a plunger: Place the plunger over the opening at the bottom of the toilet bowl and push down firmly. This will create suction that can help to loosen the clog. If the clog is not cleared, try using a toilet auger.
- Use a toilet auger: A toilet auger is a long, flexible cable with a hook on the end. To use it, insert the auger into the toilet bowl and push it through the drain until you feel resistance. Then, turn the auger handle clockwise to hook and pull out the clog.
- Turn the water supply valve back on: Once the clog has been cleared, turn the water supply valve counterclockwise to turn the water back on.
- Flush the toilet: Flush the toilet a few times to ensure that the clog has been completely cleared and the toilet is functioning properly.
If these steps do not clear the clog, you may need to give Trusted Handyman at (801)-602-3710.
By the way, it is also a good idea to avoid using too much toilet paper and other materials that can cause clogs in the future.